How To Advertise Online For Free – FREE MASTER CLASS: The 3 Essential Ice to Fire List Building Blueprints That Helped Me Go From 0 to 40,000 Email Subscribers (and 10,000 Customers!)
I’ve seen my share of failed businesses that had great products and services but just didn’t work from a business perspective.
How To Advertise Online For Free
Need more traffic? Sign up for my Free Traffic + List Building Workshop: 3 Key Strategies for How I Got 10,000 Subscribers in 12 Months »
Free Web Hosting
The only problem was I didn’t know how to sell my stuff and get customers! Starting an online business is only part of the process, you still need to advertise it.
If I had this guide, my life would be so much easier because I would know exactly what internet marketing strategies to use.
1. SEO Optimize Your Content: If you’ve written content on your blog, you definitely want to optimize your content for keywords. This will bring you a lot of search traffic. Need SEO tips for your blog?
2. Create an Attractive Website: A great website will help you create a brand that stands out and creates a great + professional first impression. If you need a website but haven’t been able to build your dream website yet, check out my pre-built Your Stunning Website kit, which comes with a premium Divi theme for a fraction of the cost.
Social Media Marketing For Businesses
3. Create Social Media Profiles: Today, even your grandma will look for a social media presence to see if a business is legit. Not to mention, social media is a great place to promote your business.
4. Build your email list: It is important to build your email list. Seriously. Do it. If you need some convincing/help with this, here are some related posts:
5. Connect your personal Facebook profile to your Facebook business page: This does several things. Your personal contacts will see your business and can give you a referral. Also, if you network with other Facebook business pages or Facebook groups, they will naturally go to your profile trying to learn more about your business. You can do this by adding your Facebook business page as your current workplace and setting its privacy to public.
6. Join Facebook Live / Periscope / other live streaming tools: In today’s noisy internet world, going LIVE will cut through all the noise, allowing you to engage with your audience very quickly. And that’s what you want, right?
Types Of Advertising To Promote Your Small Business Effectively
7. Host a Webinar: Webinars are a great way to warm up cold traffic and sell your products and services. (Sideplug: My webinar “3 Basic Strategies to Increase Traffic to Your Blog and Email List” is something you’ll love!)
8. Run a viral giveaway: More than just a giveaway – your giveaway must have a viral component. Give more points to people who share the handout. If your prize is really valuable, your business can explode
9. Ask for referrals from past customers: People will always trust their family and friends with any ad they see. It’s a FREE and FAST way to get more customers. Q: Will you do it? 😉
10. Post a recorded video of your offer: In minutes you can tell someone new 1) what you do 2) how you can help them 3) and why they should buy. Use video as a marketing collateral – as an advertisement on your social media profiles to engage your audience.
Pinterest Ads: A Simple Guide For 2023
11. Create and share infographics: Well-designed infographics are in high demand. Create a great infographic, pin it on Pinterest, share it with different communities online. Infographics have a very high chance of going viral.
12. Join Facebook / Linkedin groups: The effectiveness of this will depend on what industry you work in. Join groups that have a lot of your ideal customers, this will help you understand the challenges that potential customers face. You will also be able to directly interact and promote your business among members.
13. Share in Google+ Communities: Google+ may be more or less dead, but Google+ Communities are still alive and well. Depending on your niche, this may or may not work for you. Google+ communities work like Facebook groups – your ideal customers can be there.
14. Get on Twitter and start talking to people: Use the search bar and search for people who tweet using keywords related to what you do. Click the answer. see
Creative Marketing Ideas For Small Businesses (2023)
15. Initiate joint ventures with other people in your niche: Preferably, these people are not competitors – you can both share your audience and grow together. For example, you can invite someone with a larger audience to host a joint webinar with you, and then you can offer a great freebie from you in a joint venture webinar.
16. Join someone’s program and become their star disciple: They will have an incentive to promote you and mention you because it shows them and their product in a good light.
17. Don’t be shy about praising your competitors (or anyone else for that matter): If you’ve tried a certain technique someone taught you and had success, be sure to let them know. You can be featured!
18. Be a guest lecturer in someone else’s program: This showcases your expertise and positions you as a leader in your field. You can also offer your product/service as a supplement to what you offer as a guest lecturer. For example, if you’re a lawyer, you could teach people how to protect their legal asses… and then sell them contract templates or consulting.
Free, Printable Eye Catching Advertising Poster Templates
19. Put social sharing plugins on your site: Ask people to share your content. Most of the time, people don’t share because they think you don’t need their small share. Make it clear that your business survives on these promotions and ask for them. Some free options are Sumome or Shareaholic, but I personally use and love Social Warfare because of how lightweight it is. I highly recommend Social Warfare if you are looking for a reliable social sharing plugin 🙂
20. Create free products and repeatedly ask people to share: When you create something good, people will naturally want to reciprocate by sharing your work with the world. Focus on creating an amazing lead magnet.
21. Run a free contest: Create a contest with action (like my free 7-day blog launch) to engage your audience, you can even offer them a product later.
22. Offer people free seats on your course/free talk with you: Most people are afraid to give away free stuff because they fear it will “devalue” their brand. Let me ask you – would you rather be invisible or help someone rave about you? If you’re just starting out and can’t get anyone to pay you *yet*, I think it’s smart to offer free classes, get feedback from people, have lots of references to prove you know what you’re doing. They will naturally refer new clients to you, PLUS you already have referrals to show potential clients. The only cost? Your time or the cost of your product.
A Beginner’s Guide To Using Google Ads (previously Google Adwords)
23. Use during the holidays to increase sales: People are in the mood to buy and this gives them a natural time to shop!
24. Get into directories like Yelp and Google Places: This is a MUST if you are offline and hoping to advertise your business online.
25. Paid Social Media Traffic: Can’t wait for organic traffic or word of mouth? The fastest and most effective way to promote your business is paid traffic. You can have a profitable business by tomorrow if your positioning and proposition are right. There are many different ways to do this on social media: Facebook ads, Twitter ads, promotional pins, and more.
Need more followers? Sign up for my Free Traffic + List Building Workshop: 3 Key Strategies for How I Got 10,000 Subscribers in 12 Months »
Advertise Online Stock Illustration. Illustration Of Buying
26. Other paid advertising: There are other ways to get paid traffic than just social media. Some examples are Google Adsense, banner ads, etc.
27. Create your own affiliate program: This is an amazing way to get more customers – get it
28. Guest posting on major sites: Guest posting on major sites allows you to engage a wider audience of other people. Also, guest posts have a relatively long shelf life. You continue to get subscribers from your guest post as long as the post is still around.
30. Create a content summary, email it to these influencers and they will share it with their audience. (See my: 101 Tips from the Top Experts on How to Start a Successful Blog)
How To Advertise On Google
31. Throw a great launch party when you’re doing something new: it creates buzz, focuses people’s attention on you, and puts you in front of potential customers.
32. Repost your content on Medium: Medium is a great platform for sharing ideas, and you can repost your posts there to get even more eyes on your content after you’ve published it on your site.
33. Use Wisestamp and update your email signature: Wisestampts are like a walking billboard for your business every time you send or reply to emails.
34. Make friends with