Ideas To Improve Productivity In The Workplace – Almost every employee wants success and growth at work. There are companies that have a good number of engaged employees and this helps in the success of the business. Motivated and engaged employees perform better compared to other employees. Sometimes there is a situation when some employees start losing their productivity in the workplace. All this affects the work environment. Keeping the workplace environment happy and healthy can bring good and effective results in the workplace.
It is helpful for both the company and the individual to boost the morale of the employees and share with them some effective tips that will help them increase their potential and productivity. For some employees, it is too late to realize and take action at the right moment.
Ideas To Improve Productivity In The Workplace
There are many reasons why an employee may feel stressed or become less productive at work. Staying continuously throughout the day without breaks or working even during breaks can prevent you from being more productive at work. Likewise, email notifications, popup messages, conversations on personal cell phones from friends and family, noise in the office, distracted employees, etc. It can be a possible reason for reducing your productivity at work.
Fun Activities At Work To Improve Company Culture
Well, whether you are an employee who has been working in a company for several years or you are a newbie, you can increase your productivity by following some effective tips. Isn’t it a great feeling when you stand as a role model for others? Isn’t it great when you get rewarded and recognized for the work you do and your creativity and productivity inspire others in your workplace.
Here’s an interesting infographic provided by Casemore & Co, a business consulting services company based in Ontario, Canada – 9 Tips to Improve Workplace Productivity. The infographic contains some crucial ideas on 9 key points, which when implemented by employees can help increase productivity at work.
Download the e-book and learn how to use neuroscience to attract the right talent, retain high-performing employees, and foster collaborative teams.
Hppy provides business and HR leaders with insights, research and information to create better employee engagement initiatives and workplace programs.
Why Is It Important To Improve Productivity? (explained For Beginners)
Essential cookies are absolutely necessary for the website to function properly. This category includes only cookies that guarantee the basic functions and security functions of the website. These cookies do not collect any personal information.
Improve Productivity At Work
It is said that when you work at home you lose productivity and cannot perform your tasks as efficiently as you do in the office. Here are 10 top tips you can easily follow to increase productivity when you work from home.
1) Set up your home workspace: Find a suitable corner near your home with decent natural light. Most importantly, it should be a quiet area so you can focus better on your work. Get a comfortable chair next to your desk with some essential stationary, water bottle, lamp etc.
2) Turn off all unnecessary notifications: To stay focused and productive, you need to turn off your email, social media and call notifications for specific time slots to avoid distractions.
3) Prepare your daily routine: Know the timing of your family members, neighbors and others – when they come and when they leave. Make your work schedule accordingly, so that you get fewer interruptions while working. Dress as you normally would. Share your schedule with everyone so they respect the fact that you work from home.
How To Increase Employee Productivity At Work: 10 Practices
4) Include break time in your schedule: It is equally important to include break time (lunch, coffee breaks, snacks, power nap, walking) in your schedule. It helps you recharge and work more efficiently.
5) Make better use of technology and productivity apps: Make sure you have a fast and reliable internet connection so that you can effectively use cloud-based apps remotely. You can use Skype, Zoom, Google Hangouts, Slack, Microsoft Teams etc. for team communication. Use Trello, Asana, Basecamp, Dropbox, MS OneDrive etc. for project collaboration along with other business productivity tools your company uses internally to improve productivity.
6) Manage your work hours: Working remotely gives you flexibility, but make sure you don’t work too much overtime, which may affect your next day’s schedule unless it’s critical.
7) Get a backup plan: Having an extra internet connection as a backup is good for continuing your work. Likewise, having a spare laptop, taking regular backups, or knowing someone who can fix your IT issues remotely is very handy.
Quick Ways To Improve Work Performance And Quality
8) Stay fit and healthy: Yes, it bothers us a bit when we work remotely. Eat healthy, exercise regularly and meditate and get enough sleep to keep your body relaxed.
9) Get time for yourself: listen to music, watch movies, play games, learn something new, etc. To relax and manage stress.
10) Stay connected: Don’t start feeling isolated or disconnected. Talk on the phone, make video calls, play online games, brainstorm new ideas, connect with your friends and colleagues on social media.
Proven Ways To Improve Productivity In An Organization
Office ergonomics, like lighting, are critical to employee productivity and well-being, but are often overlooked by companies.
To ensure that employees work in an environment conducive to high performance and focus, it is important to pay attention to the quality of lighting in the workplace. Do your employees complain of eye strain and fatigue? Here are the best office lighting ideas to enhance your office and improve employee well-being.
Natural lighting is one of the best office lighting options you can choose. In fact, research shows that compared to employees who work in windowless environments, those exposed to natural sunlight during the work week not only sleep better but also exercise more.
If your workplace is in a dim and windowless room, consider installing windows, moving to an area with more exposure to sunlight, or using LED lights that mimic natural light.
Effective Ways To Enhance Workplace Productivity
The color temperature of office lighting can affect employee productivity. Warm tones bring a sense of relaxation and calmness, while cool tones are great for improving overall alertness and focus.
In office areas such as conference rooms or brainstorming rooms, consider going for cooler color temperatures to increase employee concentration.
Using layered light sources means using multiple light fixtures to create a well-lit and lively space. A hostile environment is the last place you want your employees to work. To ensure employees have access to adequate light, especially when working on computers, make sure to supplement overhead lighting with task lights such as desk lamps.
Ready to upgrade your office lighting? Head to Zoro to shop for the best lighting options for your workplace.
Essential Tips For Working Remotely
Jamela is a Junior Content Marketing Specialist based in Mexico City at Siege Media. In her spare time, she enjoys solo travel, exploring new cuisines, and reading a good book.
Your comment has been successfully submitted, it must be approved by our admin team before it can be presented on the site. Employee productivity, along with recruitment, is one of the major concerns of HR managers and practitioners since the birth of the workforce. With all the strategies implemented today, what improves productivity in the workplace?
All HR managers will